Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paprika Schnitzel


When talking to Grandma about the old recipes she suggested the Veal with the Lemon.  This was the only recipe I found that had veal and lemon so I whipped it up.  It was a pretty easy and tasty meal although there was a bit of making it up as I went  as there were a few "add more" lines in this recipe!  I love how it jumps from ounces to tablespoons.  Just pretend there both the same and it should be fine!


Paprika Schnitzel
4 Slices Veal Steak
plain flour
salt and pepper
Paprika
2-3 tablespoons of butter
5 oz cream
lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons cold butter
finely chopped parsley

Dust veal steak with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle them with plenty of paprika.

Melt butter and fry meat until tender. Remove and keep warm.

Add more paprika to fat in frypan and pour in cream.  Simmer until thick.  season with small amount of lemon juice and beat in cold butter.

Pour sauce over meat and serve with fried potatoes and lemon slices which have been garnished with half parsley and half paprika.

Notes and things I did differently.
The "add more paprika" to frypan - I added a teaspoon which was to much for me so I added a little extra cream.  I added a couple of tablespoons of Lemon which was needed with the extra cream.  Just keep tasting and adding to taste.  I didn't have any slices of lemon to garnish with which is a shame as it would have looked good!  I did add the chopped parsley to the sauce which was really tasty.  I'm going to have to give it another go and maybe get a much better photo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment